Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Looking for some "TREASURES"

This last Saturday and Sunday Jess and I went to The Riverside Flea Market in Grafton, Il.  It's a small show for us compared to all the others we do. However......after the big one we just got done with, it was an easy show and it gave us the opportunity to look for things we could use.  I am STILL looking for vintage 
TINKER TOYS!!!!


This market is inside an old boat marina right off of the river.  It gets a big crowd because of  "The Loading Dock" http://www.graftonloadingdock.com/  



Our booth was right inside the door so we had a great breeze off the River.  This is Jess walking early in the morning before people were there. (she will be happy to see her picture ha ha!)


What a gorgeous weekend it was!



This was a cute booth inside.


I wanted this bed for a display piece but was reminded I had no more room to haul this around.


They say....
One man's junk is another man's treasures. Who wants this?  Not me!

 
This was my big purchase this weekend.  Bags of beautiful doilies.  Some of these I will hand dye and they will become part of a scarf.  I made some last year....they sold really fast!  This past year I have been collecting these so I can make more.  I will post some pictures of them another time when they are done.  

As always I am looking forward to "Kane County"  this weekend.  This show....... I could fill a semi with my finds!  It's a good thing I don't have one cause I'd be broke. 
We will be in the "Rabbit" building... booth 8 and 9 this time down on the other end......Hope to See YOU there.

XXOO  Tjody

No comments:

Post a Comment