Friday, July 22, 2011

An IDEA for you!

Occasionally I make purses.  One-of-a-kind, of course.  I was looking for something else and ran across these I made last year.  I decided not to sell them. (made them only for me)  But, for those of you who are a little crafty here is the recipe!   Get this.....they are made out of those plastic bags you get at the grocery store and Wal-Mart!






Yes, I did say plastic bags!  The first thing you will need to do is take about 4 to 6 bags cut out the bottom and down the side.  Lay them flat on top of each otherNext, you will fuse them together by ironing them.  Put a cloth on top of the bags and iron over them.  They will melt (fuse) together!
Here comes the fun part....take acrylic paint and do some funky design.  After it is dried  you will sew all kinds of stitches (on the sewing machine) on the painted fused bag.  

Fold your bag in thirds.  Trim it to size. Sew some fun fabric on the inside for the lining.  With some left over scraps I made a little tab and sewed on the front.  Matte spray the painted part to protect it from chipping.  The chain (which is optional) is a necklace that I hand sewed into each side.  Then I embellished the front with a big button!
 
  You can use your purse as a clutch bag by putting the chain inside!  This isn't any everyday purse but, a fun one you can use at times you want something out of the ordinary! 
 
Enjoy....XXOO.....Tjody


   

No comments:

Post a Comment